Here is a few facts about Betsy Ross:
Elizabeth Griscom (also called Betsy) was born on Jan 1, 1752. She was the 8th child born. There were 17 children in her family. After her schooling her father placed her in an apprenticeship as an upholister where she learned all manor of sewing. She met her 1st husband John Ross there. They opened a store together. After the passing of her husband was when she had a meeting with George Washington. At that meeting it was decided she would sew the first American flag.
Emmalie was able to play Betsy Ross for a little over 9 minutes. Her teacher said she did an amazing job. I am so proud of you Em!!
5 comments:
That sounds like such a fun teacher! And she looks so cute as Betsy Ross!
Emmalie is such a cute Besty Ross! I love her flag too! I love projects like this. Well, for now when I don't have to help with them all the time! :)
What a great idea. that is something she will remember for many years to come. That teacher knows her stuff!
She looks great! I bet she learned more from this than just writing a report on Betsy Ross. What a great experience.
Both Morgan and Courtney did this kind of thing in 3rd grade and it was so cute--isn't it fun when they actually love to learn something.
Post a Comment